Bu-bear Teddy Bear Starter Sewing Pattern
A4 SIZED PATTERN AND INSTRUCTIONS ONLY
This is a sewing pattern for a sweet little Teddy Bear. He is about 20cm/8" tall and can be made in just an hour and a half, with the help of a sewing machine! You can watch me making the pink bear in this video:
Please note that this is a pattern for you to make, it does not include any equipment or a finished article. Links to suppliers are included in the instruction booklet.
You will also need:
• A small bag of toy stuffing or an old pillow to butcher.
• A needle and a doll needle.
• Matching thread for sewing machine users.
• Extra strong thread for both sewing machine users and hand sewers.
• Fabric scissors
• A marker pen for marking seams (I use a soluble one)
• (Needle nose pliers for turning pieces)
• (Glue for attaching the mask if you prefer)
• (Cotter pin joints are optional, 18mm would be the best size).
If you have a sewing machine then this pattern can be made using a small running straight stitch. It’s not the end of the world if you don’t have access to one, but they do make things look neater.
If you don’t have a sewing machine then these patterns may take a little longer to complete but they will have a great finish if you can master two stitches – the back stitch (shown top right) and the ladder stitch (shown bottom right). I would advise you to always sew with extra strong thread and check my website at www.je-suis-lugly.com for a bear-making tutorial book which describes how to complete these stitches (YouTube is also a great place to learn).
I would recommend these patterns for confident beginners, with some intermediate suggestions for improvements also provided. Please feel free to message me for help with the patterns.
Save this product for later